I have six amazing, old maps of London that can be printed at sizes up to 10 meters wide (33 feet). They can be customised to fit your space, or to focus on a particular part of London - I can make the maps wider, narrower, taller, shorter.
Every map has been lovingly restored from the original antique map. Every map will be handmade and printed at super high resolution to your exact requirements. If you're not happy with your map, which I think is very unlikely, you can return it for a full no-quibble refund.
These large maps would be perfect for hotels, offices, pubs, bars or other hospitality spaces - but if you have a large space at home, then they would look amazing there as well!
Please get in touch with me before you order so that we can discuss what you're looking for and make sure that the map you buy will look perfect.
I can also frame your map, and deliver it via special courier service. Just get in touch and I'll send you a quote, usually within a few hours.
There are six old masterpiece maps of London for you to choose from:
- John Rocque's map of London, Westminster and Southwark, 1746. This is the original (and probably best) map of old London. It was originally printed in 24 sheets and was 4 meters wide. We can recreate the whole map for you - or if you only have a square space, we could create a customised version that would fit perfectly.
- Charles Booth's Maps of London Poverty, 1898-99. Originally printed in 12 sheets, this is one of the most unusual and fascinating maps of London or indeed any city in the world. Not only is it an incredibly detailed map of a huge part of central and outer London, but Booth surveyed the wealth of every house and street of London. You can see which parts of London were upper class, middle class or even 'semi criminal' back in Victorian London.
- C&J Greenwood's map of London, 1830. This is the finest old, colour map of London. Originally printed in 6 sheets, this is probably the prettiest of the three maps. The parks are green, the Thames is blue. A few more famous landmarks have been built by 1830, too.
- John Rocque's map of London and 10 miles around, 1745. This is the other major map that John Rocque produced of London. There's less detail, but the map extends all the way out to most of London's suburbs, including Hackney, Wimbledon, Highgate and Richmond. It's a beautiful map that shows London when much of the area was still fields and forests.
- Edward Stanford's library map of London and its suburbs, 1862. This is the most detailed map of London and its suburbs from the 1800s. Originally published in 24 sheets, there's an incredible amount of detail in this map - almost every individual building in London is rendered. This map shows London at the peak of the British Empire - but when most of its suburbs are still just fields. This map is perfect for zoomed in, customised maps of London if you are looking for a personalised map that focuses on a specific area. I can also print this map at huge sizes - up to 10 meters (33 feet) wide. I recommend you look at the specific listing for this map so that you can grasp the level of detail in this map.
- William Faden's map of London and 25 miles around, 1790. This map, in stark contrast to Rocque's map of London's suburbs, has a lot more colour and character. Zooming in, you'll see a lot more going on - it's the kind of map you could spend hours poring over, looking for old town names, forests that you ran around as a kid, etc. This map looks great at sizes up to 3m (10ft). See the separate listing for this map if you want to see more close-up photos of the map.
I can frame your map as well - just get in touch and we'll discuss your order.
Prices for a large print - 1.5 meters wide (5ft) - start at £245. I recommend you message me before you order.
If you're looking for a smaller, custom map of London check out these three listings:
- Custom John Rocque's 1746 map of London: https://uniquemaps.co.uk/products/custom-map-of-london-in-1746-by-john-rocque-portrait-landscape-or-square
- Custom Charles Booth 1798 Map of London Poverty: https://uniquemaps.co.uk/products/custom-map-of-london-poverty-square
- Custom C&J Greenwood 1830 colour map of London: https://uniquemaps.co.uk/products/custom-greenwoods-map-of-london-1830-square-portrait-or-landscape