I have two amazing, old maps of the British Isles / UK (including Ireland, Scotland, England, Wales) that can be printed at sizes up to 4 meters wide or tall (13 feet). I can customise the maps to perfectly fit your space - I can make these maps wider, narrower, taller, shorter (within reason!)
These large maps would be perfect for hotels, pubs, bars and offices - but if you have a large space at home, then they would look amazing there as well!
If you're looking to frame your new large map, please get in touch with me. Framing is expensive, but the final piece will be beautiful and last forever. I work with a specialist framer who can create exactly what you're looking for.
These are the two old maps of the UK that you can choose from:
- John Speed's masterpiece map of 'The Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland', from 1611. This is one of the first detailed maps of the entire UK and Ireland, and certainly the finest decorative map of its time. There are sea monsters, a compass, detailed engravings of London and Edinburgh, and hundreds of towns and cities dotted across the map. You can see that our cartographers hadn't quite worked out the shapes of Ireland and Scotland yet...
- A.K. Johnston and Edward Forbes's 'Geological & Palaeontological Map Of The British Islands' from 1854. This is a lovely, interesting map showing the geological and fossil makeup of the UK and Ireland. Admire the old rocks of Scotland and Ireland, or the younger sedimentary rocks of southeast England. Delightful engravings of fossils adorn the top and bottom of the map.
Prices for a large print - 1.5 meters wide/tall (5ft / 60 inches) - start at £245. I recommend you message me before you order.
If you're looking for smaller maps of the UK, check out some of these listings:
- Geological and fossil map of Scotland, 1854: https://uniquemaps.co.uk/collections/uk-maps-excluding-london/products/geological-palaeontological-map-of-british-isles-scotland-1854-by-a-k-johnston-and-edward-forbes-16x20-inches
- Geological map of England & Wales, 1843: https://uniquemaps.co.uk/products/geological-map-of-england-wales-by-roderick-impey-murchison-1843-16x20-inches
- England, Wales and Ireland in 1603: https://uniquemaps.co.uk/collections/all-unique-and-historic-maps/products/old-colour-map-of-england-ireland-in-1605-by-abraham-ortelius-framed-or-unframed-large-maps-available
- Large geological map of Ireland, 1837: https://uniquemaps.co.uk/collections/all-unique-and-historic-maps/products/large-old-geological-map-of-ireland-1837-by-richard-john-griffith-for-the-railway-commissioners-vintage-map-antique-framed-or-unframed